It has been quite some time I didn’t talked about food on my blog.
So what better than a yummy spring dessert to share with you during Spring time?
In today’s post I will introduce you to the cute “Potted Chocolate Mint Pudding”
• 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
• 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 Tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• Table salt
• 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
• 1-1/4 cups whole milk
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon pure mint extract
• 1 Tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 10 chocolate wafer cookies
• Garnish with sprigs of mint
• Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Combine cream, milk and vanilla in a liquid measuring cup.
• Pour 1 cup cream mixture into sugar mixture and whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Add remaining cream mixture and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add chocolate. Whisk until chocolate melts, about 1 minute.
• Remove from heat. Add mint extract and butter, and whisk until butter melts. Quickly divide pudding, whisking as you work to prevent sides from setting up, among eight (4 ounce) glass votive candle holders, leaving 1/2″ of space at the top. Refrigerate until set.
• Just before serving, pulse cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Top each with 1 Tablespoon ground-cookie “dirt,” and garnish with a planted mint sprig. Serve chilled.
Have a fabulous Spring & Bon appétit!